Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms seating up to 4 people are available on all levels of Brookens library and are available on a first come, first served basis. Reservations are not available.
Whiteboard Tables & Boards
Whiteboard tables seating up to 6 people and rolling whiteboards are available throughout the 2nd floor of Brookens Library and are available on a first come, first served basis. White board kits (for tables or whiteboards) containing markers, erasers, cleaner etc., are available for checkout at the Main Desk.
BRK 232 Classroom
The Brookens Library Classroom seating 20 students is located in room 232 on the second floor of Brookens Library. The classroom can be reserved by emailing Bethany Burbridge email@example.com.
Mary Jane’s Café
Mary Jane’s Café is located on the Lower Level of Brookens library. The café space seats approximately 60 people, but can hold more for standing events, like receptions. The café can be reserved by emailing Bethany Burbridge firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brookens Auditorium seats 190 people and is located on the lower level of the Brookens building. The Auditorium can be reserved by contacting Conference Services at 217-206-6073 or emailing email@example.com
Special Use Area Policies
Brookens Library allows use of its display case, lounges and other special use areas for University sponsored displays, events and activities as long as they do not disrupt the normal use of the Library.
Special use areas include the Brookens Library Classroom, Mary Jane’s café, the Friedman Reading Room, and the MacDonald and Everson lounges.
The display case is located on the Main level of the library. Brookens Library adheres to the University of Illinois at Springfield's Access and Equal Opportunity policy in making determinations concerning the use of display and special use areas. The following general guidelines apply:
- Events or displays may be scheduled only by persons affiliated with the University of Illinois at Springfield.
- Library functions and displays will take precedence and the library reserves the right to deny any activity or display deemed inappropriate.
- Setting up and taking down any needed equipment is the responsibility of the person(s) using the area or display case.
- In case of cancellation, the library should be notified as soon as possible.
- All special events must be scheduled and approved through the Library Dean's office, phone number 217-206-6597.
- Acceptable events include poetry readings, chess tournaments, book signings, etc. Events including food need to be scheduled in the Mary Jane’s café.
- It is recommended that groups request use at least one week in advance of the planned event.
- All events must be held within the normal working hours of the Library.
- Events should not last more than two hours and include no more than 30 participants except with prior approval from the Library Dean's office.
- Fundraising activities will not be allowed unless sponsored by UIS.
- Prior permission must be obtained from the Dean's office before rearranging furniture. Users will also be responsible for any damage or cleaning above normal wear and tear.