- Yes! Your UIS I-Card is your library card. Bring it with you every time you come to the library.
- All students, faculty, and staff must present their current I-Card to check out materials.
- Other borrowers (Alumni, Friends of the Library, etc.) must present their current UIS library card to check out materials. (These cards are honored only at UIS.)
- UIS I-Cards and other library cards are not transferable.
- Currently registered UIS students, faculty and staff
- SSU/UIS Alumni - See alumni borrower card form
- University of Illinois Alumni Association Members
- University of Illinois Foundation Members
All library materials except:
- reference materials
- some government documents
- Undergraduate students, alumni, and special borrowers can check out UIS materials for 4 weeks, with 3 renewals.
- Graduate/doctoral students, faculty, and staff can check out UIS materials for 16 weeks, with 6 renewals.
- Videos/DVDs circulate to current students and staff for one week with a limit of three items. No renewals: overdue fines are $2.00 per day per item. Faculty can check out videos/DVDs for one month with three renewals.
- Flip video cameras and tripod circulate to current UIS students, faculty and staff for one week only (no renewals).
- Materials from other libraries will have varied loan periods.
- Recall -- please remember that all items can be recalled by other patrons. If an item is recalled, the loan period will be shortened, and it cannot be renewed.
Try the suggestions below: