- This service is intended for distance learning students only. Students who regularly attend classes on-campus, live in the Springfield area, or are within an hour's driving distance of the campus are expected to retrieve items from the library in person.
- Allow at least one (1) week for delivery; holidays and weekends may add extra time.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of materials provided to an individual and to prioritize requests processed.
- Borrowers are responsible for all loaned materials from the time the item leaves the library. Brookens Library does not assess overdue fines for materials in the general collection. If the item is not returned or renewed, at sixty (60) days past due a bill is generated consisting of a replacement charge for each item and a non-waivable $10.00 processing fee.
- Photocopies will be sent via electronic delivery.
- Photocopies of specific journal articles (not entire issues) will be provided.
- Books held by UIS will be mailed to the patron's home address. Non-circulating items will not be sent.
- Items may be renewed via your web account in the Online Catalog by clicking the "My Account" link on the left hand side of the search screen.
- Circulating items are loaned for a guaranteed 2 weeks and then can be recalled by another user.
- Books that are held by other libraries will either be mailed to the patron's address or an arrangement will be made for delivery to the nearest I-Share library for pickup.
I-Share Requests: Items held by other I-Share libraries. They are requested via the I-Share Online Catalog by the ILL staff on behalf of the patron. Fill out a Loan Request form found in My ILL under Quick Links.
Interlibrary Loan: Items borrowed from non-I-Share libraries. Fill out a Loan Request form found in My ILL under Quick Links or request the item through Quick Search under Quick Links.
- Patrons are responsible for returning items to Brookens Library. A return mailing label is included with the book(s), but return postage is the responsibility of the patron.