The purpose of placing materials on reserve is to make common reading assignments readily available to a large number of students within a relatively short period of time. At Brookens Library we offer two types of reserves:
- Course Reserves - photocopies, books, audio-tapes and videos which are shelved behind the Circulation Desk on the main level (Level 2).
- Electronic Reserves or E-Reserves - which may be accessed via any computer terminal through Blackboard.
Materials placed on Course Reserves can be found in the UIS Catalog. You may search by Instructor, Department, or Course.
Note the call number and ask for the item at the Circulation Desk. You will need your I-Card student identification. Course Reserves are either Library Use Only, or circulate for 3 or 7 days.
Go to Blackboard and log in. Your Username is the same as your NetID. The password is defaulted to your birth date in YYYYMMDD format - note it must be 8 characters.
- Choose the appropriate course.
- Click on Library Resources on the left side of the screen.
- Choose the appropriate document.
Note: Documents are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. When printing the document, click on the print icon in the Adobe Acrobat toolbar and always check Print as Image in the printer settings.
Copyright law gives the author of an original work certain rights concerning its use, especially duplication or performance. It covers both published and unpublished works in a tangible form. Included in the copyright statutes are guidelines called "Fair Use" that list various purposes for which the reproduction or perfomance of a particular work may be allowed. For more information go to Copyright Information Page.