- Engraving of Whitman, 5" x 8"
- "Ah, Not This Granite Dead and Cold," final proof, Feb.,1885
- Notes on Walt Whitman, As Poet and Person, by John Burroughs, 2nd. Ed., 1871 proof signature
- "Foreign Criticisms on an American Poet"--1 page about Whitman
- Proof sheets from November Boughs, 1889:
- "What Lurks Behind Shakspere's Plays?"
- "Some War Memoranda"
- "Abraham Lincoln"
- "The Bible as Poetry"
- Presentation page from "Memoranda During the War," 1871 (Rememberance Copy with Personal Note)
- Engraving of Whitman, with facsimile signature and four line quote from Leaves of Grass
- "My Book and I," proof signature from magazine article
- "During the War," proof signature
- Facsimile of the original Emerson letter exhibited on the occasion of the Grolier Club's visit to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Charles E. Feinberg, Detroit, Michigan, May 3, 1963.
- Mounted photograph of Whitman, taken by F. Gutekunst, Philadelphia, 1873?, 6" x 9"
- "Walt Whitman on Abraham Lincoln," program from the lecture, April 15, 1886 at the Chestnut Street Opera House, Philadelphia
- Advertisement cards:
- For Complete Poems & Prose, 4.5" x 4"
- For Leaves of Grass, and Specimen Days and Collect, 3.75" x 2.25"
- Facsimile of letter from Whitman to Dr. Johnston
- Program and menu from Whitman's seventieth birthday, May 31, 1889, Morgan's Hall, Camden, NJ.
- Advertisement page for Complete Poems and Prose, Leaves of Grass, and Portraits from Life, with Autobiographical Note on back.
- Robert Ingersoll lecture at Horticultural Hall, Oct. 21, 1890:
- Playbill, 5.75" x 5.75"
- Ticket number 1374, 4" x 1.5"
- Ticket, 3.5" x 2.25"
- Envelopes used by Whitman when he was a member of the U.S. Christian Commission as a nurse in the Civil War:
- Return address: Walt Whitman, Camden, New Jersey
- Return address: U.S. Christian Commission, Office in Washington, D.C., 343 Pennsylvania Avenue
- "You Lingering Sparse Leaves of Me," and "After the Supper and Talk," 1888, proof sheets
- Engraving of Whitman, 5.5" x 8"
- 49th Congress, House of Representatives, Report No. 3856 to accompany Bill H.R. 10707 for the relief of Walt Whitman
- Tributes to William Carlyle and Thomas Jefferson Whitman:
- "The Dead Carlyle," one column
- "An Engineer's Obituary" (from The Engineering Record NY, Dec. 13, 1890), for his brother, one column
- Walt Whitman's Poetic Platform, proof sheet about Whitman's article, "The Poetry of the Future"
- "Shakespeare for America," offprint, Poet-Lore, Sept. 15, 1890
- Leaves of Grass, title signature, 1888 Ed.
- "Souvenirs of Democracy," proof sheet
- "Shakspere-Bacon's Cipher," proof sheet, correction fourth line by Whitman
- Intercalations used in Centennial Edition of Leaves of Grass, 1876
- American Transcendental Quarterly #12, Fall 1971, Part 1
- ditto, Part 2
- 2 stereoscopic photographs of Whitman, Sept. 1872, in wooden frame, 16.5" x 13.5"
- Cover page of Leaves of Grass, Author's Edition, Camden, NJ, 1876, and photograph of Whitman, Sept. 1872, Brooklyn, NY, by G.F.E. Pearsall together in a wooden frame, 16" x 12.5"
- Walt Whitman Books poster, 23.5" x 18"
- Framed engraving of Whitman, from frontispiece of the 1860 edition of Leaves of Grass, 7" x 9"
- Framed engraving of Whitman, 8.5" x 11.5"
- Poem Describing a Perfect School, frames, 10" x 17.5"
Whitman Books shelved in Special Collections:
AS 36 I3849 no. 26 1951
Whitman and Rolleston: a correspondence / edited with an introduction and notes by Horst Frenz. Bloomington: Indiana University, 1951. (Indiana University Publications, humanities series; no. 26)
E 457.9 W618 1923
Memories of Lincoln. Girard, Kansas: Haldeman-Julius Co., 1923.
E 457.9 W62 1912
Memories of President Lincoln. Portland, Maine: Thomas B. Mosher, 1912.
M 1533 G4 S3 1953
Salut au Monde: cantate pour chœurs chantés et parles à voix mixtes et a voix égales avec instruments à vent sûr un texte adapté librement de poèmes de Walt Whitman / par Raphael Passaquet ; musique de César Geoffray. Vocal score. Paris: Les Presses d’Île-de-France, c1953.
PS 3201 1872
Leaves of Grass. Washington, DC ; New York: Smith & McDougal, 1872.
PS 3201 1881
Leaves of Grass. Boston: J.R. Osgood; 1881-82.
PS 3201 1882
Leaves of Grass. Philadelphia: Ress Welsh, 1882.
PS 3201 1883
Leaves of Grass. Glasgow: Wilson & McCormick, 1883.
PS 3201 1884
Leaves of Grass. Philadelphia: D. McKay, 1884.
PS 3201 1888
Leaves of Grass. Philadelphia. D. McKay, c1888.
PS 3201 1889
Gems from Walt Whitman / selected by Elizabeth Porter Gould. Philadelphia: D. McKay, 1889.
PS 3201 1900
Walt Whitman’s poems. Girard, Kansas.: Appeal to Reason, c1900.
PS 3201 1900a
Leaves of Grass: Including a Facsimile Autobiography, Variorum Readings of the Poems and a Department of Gathered Leaves / Walt Whitman. Philadelphia: D. McKay; c1900.
PS 3201 1900b
Leaves of Grass / Walt Whitman. New York: H.M. Caldwell, 1900.
PS 3201 1909
Leaves of Grass / by Walt Whitman. London; New York: Cassell, 1909.
PS 3201 1913
Poems from Leaves of Grass / by Walt Whitman; the Coloured Illustrations by Margaret C. Cook. London: J.M. Dent & Sons, Ltd. ; New York: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1913.
PS 3201 1924
Poems of Walt Whitman / Edited, with an introduction and notes, by Nelson Antrim Crawford. Girard, Kansas : Haldeman-Julius Co., c1924.
PS 3201 K4 1926
Kennedy, William Sloane.
The Fight of a Book for the World: A Companion Volume to Leaves of Grass / William Sloane Kennedy. West Yarmouth, Mass.: Stonecraft Press, 1926.
PS 3202 1888
Democratic Vistas and Other Papers / by Walt Whitman. London: W. Scott, 1888.
PS 3203 M3
The Half-Breed: and other Stories / by Walt Whitman; Now First Collected by Thomas Ollive Mabbott; Woodcuts by Allen Lewis. New York: Columbia University Press, 1927.
PS 3203 R8 G44 1956
Opere Alese / Walt Whitman; Traducere Si Prezentare de Mihnea Gheorghiu. Bucharest: Editura di Stat pentru Literatura si Arta, 1956.
PS 3204 M3 1926
The Wisdom of Walt Whitman / Selected and Edited, with introduction by Laurens Maynard. New York: Brentano’s, 1926.
PS 3204 W5 1900z
Twenty-three Poems / Walt Whitman; selected by Gwen Williams; with estimates by R.W. Emerson, R.L. Stevenson, etc. London: Athenaeum Literature Dept., 19--.
PS 3205 F7 B3 1914
Poèmes de Walt Whitman / version Française de Léon Bazalgette. Paris: F.Rieder & Cie, 1914.
PS 3205 G4 J3 1920
Grashalme / Walt Whitman; mit 13 Orginallithographien von Willi Jaeckel. Berlin: E. Reiss, 1920?
PS 3205 I8 G3
Foglie di Erba: Con le Due Aggiunte e Gli "Echi della Vecchiaia" Dell’edizione del 1900 / Versione di Luigi Gamberale. Milano: R. Sandron, 1907.
PS 3214 A1 1891
Good-bye My Fancy: 2nd Annex to Leaves of Grass. Philadelphia: D. McKay, 1891.
PS 3217 A1 1889
November Boughs / by Walt Whitman. Paisley: A.Gardner, 1889.
PS 3220 A1 1883
Specimen Days & Collect / by Walt Whitman. Glasgow: Wilson & McCormick, 1883.
PS 3220 A1 1887
Specimen Days in America / by Walt Whitman.— Newly Revised by the Author, with Fresh Preface and Additional Note. London: W. Scott, 1887.
PS 3222 A28 1871
After all, Not to Create only / Recited by Walt Whitman on Invitation of Managers, America Institute, on opening their 40th Annual Exhibition, New York, noon, September 7, 1871. Boston: Roberts Brothers, 1871.
PS 3222 C7 1924
Criticism: An Unpublished Essay / by Walt Whitman. Amenia, NY : Privately Printed at the Troutbeck Press, 1924.
PS 3222 P7
Prose Nature Notes/ Walt Whitman. Girard, Kansas : Haldeman-Julius Company, 19--.
PS 3222 S6 1904
Song of Myself. . . / Walt Whitman. East Aurora NY : Done into print by the Roycrofters, 1904.
PS 3222 T8
Two Rivulets: Including Democratic Vistas, Centennial Songs, and Passage into India. Author’s ed. Camden, NJ, 1876.
PS 3231 A1 C38 1903
Catalogue of a Collection of Books, Letters, and Manuscripts Written by Walt Whitman: in the Library of George M. Williamson, Grand View on Hudson. Jamaica, NY : The Marion Press; New York: Dodd, Mean & Co., 1903.
PS 3231 A1 W37 1955
Walt Whitman: A Catalog Based Upon the Collections of the Library of Congress: with Notes on Whitman Collections and Collectors. Washington, DC: Library of Congress Reference Department, 1955.
PS 3231 A5 1892
Autobiographia: or, the Story of a Life / by Walt Whitman. New York: C.L. Webster, 1892.
PS 3231 F4 1955
Feinberg, Charles E.
Walt Whitman, a selection of the manuscripts, books, and association items / Gathered by Charles E. Feinberg. Detroit: Detroit Public Library, 1955.
PS 3231 H4 1924
Hamblen, Emily S.
Walt Whitman, Bard of the West/ Emily S. Hamblen. Girard, KS: Haldeman-Julius Co., c1924.
PS 3231 S8 1893
Symonds, John Addington.
Walt Whitman, a Study/ by John Addington Symonds. London: Nimmo, 1893.
PS 3231 T5 1910
Walt Whitman, The Man and the Poet / by James Thomson ("E.V."): with an introduction by Bertram Dobell. London: The Editor, 1910.
PS 3232 J6 1917
Visits to Walt Whitman in 1890-1891/ by two Lancashire Friends, J. Johnston, MD and J.W. Wallace. London: G. Allen & Unwin, 1917.
PS 3233 H3 1895
Conversations with Walt Whitman / by Sadakichi. New York: E.P. Coby & Co., 1895.
PS 3235 T65 1892
At the Graveside of Walt Whitman, Harleigh, Camden, New Jersey, March 30th, and Sprigs of Lilac / Edited by Horace L. Traubel. Philadelphia: Billstein & Son, 1892.
PS 3238 L4 1916
Legler, Henry Eduard.
Walt Whitman, Yesterday & Today by Henry Eduard Legler. Chicago: Brothers of the Book, 1916.
PS 3238 O35 1930
O’Higgins, Harvey Jerrold.
Alias Walt Whitman/ by Harvey O’Higgins. Newark, NJ: Carteret Book Club, 1930, c1929.
Z 8971.5 A6
American Library in London.
Walt Whitman: Catalogue of an Exhibition Held at the American Library, London, March-April 1954. London: United States Information Service, 1954.