Brookens Library and the University of Illinois' Library System are pleased to work with the University of Illinois Alumni Association (UIAA). Alumni Association members have borrowing privileges at the Brookens Library, the University of Illinois Libraries at Urbana-Champaign and Chicago, and the Library of the Health Sciences at Chicago, Peoria, Rockford and Urbana. You must contact the Alumni Association to initiate your membership.
For more information, visit:
- University of Illinois at Springfield - Brookens Library
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Libraries
- University of Illinois at Chicago Libraries
- University of Illinois Health Sciences Libraries
Borrowing from Brookens LibraryAs an alumni of the University of Illinois at Springfield you are eligible for an Alumni Borrower's Card. You may use it to check out any circulating materials from Brookens Library for an initial loan period of four weeks with three renewals, and one title from the Video/DVD collection for one week with no renewals. This is a "local use only" card and does not provide borrowing privileges at any other library. It also does not provide remote access to any of the library's licenses databases. Please visit the Brookens Library Circulation Desk to obtain a UIS Alumni Card or submit the alumni borrower card form.
Borrowing from Other University of Illinois Campus LibrariesAs a paid University of Illinois Alumni Association ( UIAA) member, you may borrow circulating materials from other University of Illinois campuses in Urbana-Champaign and Chicago. To receive this service, you must join the Association as a Life or Sustaining Member. When you receive your UIAA membership card you must present it with your current photo ID at the Brookens Library Circulation Desk and ask for assistance.
Offsite Online Access to Books, Journals, and More
- Catalogs and Databases-- UIAA members have limited off-campus access, via the Brookens Library website http://library.uis.edu, to a select number of catalogs and online databases including PrairieCat, I-Share, and WorldCat Local.
ProQuest/ABI-INFORM Compelte - (Alumni Version) This service has been discontinued by the Alumni Association due to limited utilization relative to high cost.
- Main Desk-- UIAA members are free to contact the Brookens Library Main Desk with problems or questions.
E-mail Address: email@example.com