All Applicants: To properly evaluate your qualifications for this position, your online application must include a complete employment history detailing duties, education and certifications. Note that a resume cannot substitute for the information required on the official application form.
For full consideration, applicants must be residents of the State of Illinois.
College Transcripts and Veteran's Preference Eligibility: College transcripts and military discharge documentation (DD214, DD215, and NGB22) must be uploaded with the online application. Human Resources will not accept faxed, e-mailed, or hand delivered documentation to our office.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 3/26/15
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS: 4/2/15
Failure to list or accurately describe work experience or failure to submit college transcripts by deadline date may result in an applicant not being admitted to the exam.
Minimum Starting Salary: $15.02
Wednesday-Thursday 10:30am - 6:30pm
Friday 11:30 am-6:30pm
Saturday 9:30am - 6:30pm
This position may require pre-employment screening pursuant to the UIS Pre-Employment Policy.
UIS is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer; persons with disabilities, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Learning Commons and User Services, supervises Student Assistant Team. Is responsible for the implementation of the Student Assistant Program as well as the on-going monitoring of the program and suggests modifications as needed with a focus on student learning and development.
- Coordinates and assists in recruiting, hiring, and evaluating Student Assistants.
- Communicates with Student Assistants to establish work availability and creates and maintains student employee schedule.
- Develops, implements, and maintains materials and techniques for training student assistants on department policy and standard operating procedure.
- Creates and provides specialized training for the Student Assistant Reference Training Program, including tracking students' progress through the program.
- Supervises, trains, and coordinates activities of Student Managers.
- Coordinates the logistics and activities for all staff training retreats ad the Student Development and Disciplinary program.
- Serves as circulation supervisor for late afternoon and evening hours and Saturdays. Provides customer service, determines borrower eligibility, assists with issuance of patron cards, assists patrons in determining holding and location of library materials, and assists patrons with research needs. Assists in maintaining circulation module in Voyager.
- Other duties as assigned.
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three years (36 months), from the categories below:
- College course work in any field
- 60 semester hours equals 1 year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals 2 years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or more equals 3 years (36 months)
- Progressively more responsible work experience in supervising, organizing, coordinating or other significant work with specific educational or administrative program initiatives.
- College course work in any field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to work effectively with staff, the public, and outside constituency groups
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Supervisory ability and knowledge of administrative concepts and methods
- Ability to utilize various computer software packages
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in order to be able to analyze and investigate a variety of questions or problems
- Experience supervising student employees
- Experience in a college or university library
- Knowledge of the Circulation Module of Voyager or other Integrated Library System
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
To apply for a student position, you must apply via Career Connect.
To search other university postions, please visit the UIS Job Search page.